May 2018 Newsletter
The FSSR staff is currently reviewing each property and working up individual property analysis based on the information you have provided to date. As assessments are received you will be notified via electronic correspondence. Please be aware and send us any documentation you receive directly for our review and processing. Taxing jurisdictions will only send a single copy of assessment notices.
Should you receive documents directly from the jurisdiction(s), please send those over to us for our review and if necessary our response.
- 2018 Gwinnett County tax assessment notices were mailed April 6 with the appeal deadline being May 21.
- 2018 Cobb County tax assessment notices were mailed April 20 with the appeal deadline being June 4
- 2018 Fulton County tax assessment notices are scheduled to be mailed May 22 with an approximate July 5 appeal deadline
- 2018 Dekalb County tax assessment notices are scheduled to be mailed June 1 with an approximate July 16 appeal deadline
- The 2018 Georgia legislative session concluded April 6 with no significant legislation regarding commercial property taxes being considered and/or passed
- All GA business personal property returns and exemptions were due to be filed April 1
- Fulton County expects to be completed with all remaining 2017 commercial appeals prior to June 1
- Dekalb County expects to be completed with all remaining 2017 commercial appeals prior to June1
- City of Savannah second installment tax bills will now include a Non-Ad Valorem Fire Fee. Owners should have received this notification recently including instructions on how to calculate the Fire Fee and also deadlines on applying for discounts.
- ASSESSMENT NOTICES for Forsyth County are expected to be mailed May 15 and for Bibb County on May 11.
Texas – New statewide appeal deadline is May 15 beginning in 2018 as per legislation previously passed
General Appeal & Tax Bill Stats by State:
|State||Notices/Values Out||Taxes Out||Taxes Due|
|GA||April-July||Summer||Vary based on County/City|
|FL||August||November||Base by 3/31/19 - Discounted each month 4% by end Nov, 3% end Dec, 2% end Jan & 1% end Feb|
|AL||April-June||Fall||Mostly 12/31/18 - some vary|
|NC||Varies based on Reappraisal schedule and individual jurisdiction: January - March||late Summer and Fall||1/5/2019|
|SC||Varies based on Reappraisal schedule and individual jurisdiction: Year Round||Fall||1/15/2019|
|TN||Varies based on Reappraisal schedule and individual jurisdiction: prior to June|